My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yosemite National Park 5/17/08

We had a glorious day in Yosemite National Park today! We did some hikes to Bridal Veil Falls and Lower Yosemite Falls. We also rode the shuttle around the whole route to see the whole park and that is a good deal since the shuttle is free. The weather was quite warm and perfect for hiking in this area. The waterfalls were so fall from all the snow that is melting that they were just so awesome to see. We also got to go to Glacier Point and that was my favorite place in the whole park. We could see up the whole valley and the waterfalls that we hiked to today. I also saw Half Dome which is a 17 mile round trip hike involving cables so I know this is something that I will probably never do. We also went to see the Ahwahnee and Wawona hotels. They were a little too fancy for my taste. The BBQ dinner at Wawona was about $21 per person and I know that I couldn’t eat that much. The rooms were around $190 if you wanted to have your own bathroom.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

Gorgeous photos. My hubby was in Yosemite last year and being a photographer he just fell in love with all those places you mentioned. Hope he'll take me there someday :)

Beachcomber said...

Hey Pat. I love Yosemite. The Ahwanee Hotel has a really good brunch. In the summer it gets really hot. My hubby hiked up Half Dome way before he met me.

When you were in San Francisco you were in my neck of the woods.

How rude of that lady. I agree she isn't setting a good example for her kids.