My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm the First Person...

DSP blog prompt: On May 27, 1997, the first all female (20 British women) team reaches North Pole. If you could be the first person to reach somewhere, where would it be? What would it be like?

I would want to be the first person to reach an ideal forest at the top of a mountain. In this forest there are no poisonous insects or snakes. It would be full of blooming wildflowers of all different colors, especially lady slippers (because my husband really likes them!). Surrounding the base of the trees would be beautiful green feathery ferns. I would be able to hear the birds flitting through the trees and singing happily as they travel from branch to branch. All year long the sun would be shining and the temperature would be cool but not cold. There would be a hiking trail that wanders through the wildflowers so you could get close to them to get good pictures and to smell them. This closeness would also enable you to see the hummingbirds as the move from flower to flower.


Photo credit: hemlock forest by wade franklin

1 comment:

ArtcTrish said...

Hye girl!!! Let me know when you get to that slice of heaven and I'll be there! Sounds beautiful!
Sorry I've been MIA, I promise to post more now!