My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Economy Inn

We are staying at the Economy Inn at Lombard and Richardson Sts. in San Francisco. After stopping at a bunch of motels trying to find a place at a reasonable price, we found this place. This was going to be our last try and then we were going to give up and head out of town. The man said that he didn’t have any rooms at the coupon rate but finally brought the price down to where it was very reasonable for us. Since we are on a tight budget (now that we are retired), we have to be prudent with our choices. I don’t mind paying for a room but I don’t want to own the motel! There was also free parking too.

Once we paid for the room, our host was so friendly and helpful. Then we went up to our room and it is fantastic! There is a refrigerator in it too which is a nice touch. Plus we are in a corner room with a little breakfast nook in an alcove surrounded by 2 windows. It reminds me a lot of a room we had in Paris, France. The room was really neat and clean which is a must for me. Our host said our bed was brand new and it was really comfortable to sleep in last night. There is also a color TV with cable and fast, free internet so we are both happy.

We are also a block from a main bus line (#30) which took us right to Fisherman’s Wharf and the AT&T Park. It also took us to the bus stop (#28) which took us to the Golden Gate Bridge. A few blocks down on Chestnut St. are lots of restaurants so our location was just perfect! Each time we went to pay for another night, the hostess was also friendly and helpful. Each time we have had to talk to someone in the office, they were always ready to help in any way we needed. It’s these little touches that really appeal to me. It seems like a family run place (I saw 2 small children playing on the computer) and I felt very safe and comfortable here. I would recommend this to anyone planning on staying in San Francisco.

No comments: