My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Four States in One Day 5/25/08

Yesterday we went through Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. I’m kind of excited because I can tell we are getting closer to home. I’m having a great time but there is something great about feeling that things are more familiar even if it is the humidity and the heat.

Up early this morning to get to Graceland by the time they opened at 9am. We paid $8 to park in Graceland parking only to find out later that we could have parked in the parking lot next door where the Private Presley museum was for free. We followed the blue awnings to the ticket booth and bought our tickets for the Platinum tour ($32 and then we got a AAA discount). This got us into the Mansion, the Car Museum, The Jumpsuit Museum, the Planes, and the Private Presley museum. All of this took us about 3 hours and by then I had enough of Elvis. I was really surprised that the mansion wasn’t more glitzy and opulent than it was. The clips of interviews, movies, and shows were really entertaining and brought back great memories so I really enjoyed this trip and would recommend others to go to Graceland but my husband disagrees and wouldn’t recommend it.

We looked for a barbecue place but they were so out of the way from where we are going that we gave up and saved it for another time. We ended up eating at a Taco Bell for lunch which wasn’t bad since our whole meal came to under $10.

We were headed to Atlanta through Birmingham and planned on spending the night in Atlanta. We hoped to visit the Jimmy Carter library but when we got to Atlanta, we both looked at each other and agreed that we wanted to go home. We only live 2 hours away from Atlanta and can go there on a day trip so we decided to save it for another day. We finally arrived home around midnight and it felt so good to sleep in my own bed!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Welcome home! I am glad that you had a good trip, but I do so understand the feeling of coming home. There are groceries to buy and laundry to do, but it is your own pillow and coffee cup.