My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Texas/Oklahoma 5/21/08

We had a bad start to a day today. After breakfast, we were headed out of Amarillo about 20 miles when I realized my cell phone was missing. We drove all the way back to find it in our hotel room (thank goodness for the honesty of the maid!). Of course we were both in a bad mood after that.
The only pictures I took were the Leaning Water Tower in Groom, TX (mentioned in the Route 66 book). We did make a stop for almost 2 hours at an antique store before we got to Oklahoma City and Don found some antique postcards. There was a lot of neat stuff but their prices were high. I don’t even know what town we were in.

About 4:30 we arrived in Oklahoma City because I had a 6:00 conference call for Council for Exceptional Children. While I was on that 90 minute phone call, Don washed 2 loads of wash at the hotel laundry. Now we are just relaxing and hope that tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Here's to a better day of traveling. I hope today is much better than the last two.