My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Blog prompt: On May 19, 1896, the fiirst automobile (Benz) arrived in Netherlands. Describe the first automobile you ever owned.

My sister bought a brand new 1970 Chevy Malibu that was red and I inherited it when she passed away. I was only in tenth grade so at the time I didn’t even have a license. My father drove the car until I got my license and then we shared the car. As a high school senior, I was allowed to drive to school but I really didn’t have the money for gas so I usually didn’t drive. When I went away to college, we weren’t allowed to have cars as a freshman so my father drove the car that year too. The next year we drove 2 cars from New York to South Carolina and I had my car with me. By now the car is 8 years old. I drove the car the entire time I was in college and even after I got married in 1982. We had the car for another 5 years after that before we finally sold it and bought a new car. They don’t make cars like that anymore because this was built like a tank. At one time a man backed into the front of my car and there wasn’t a scratch on my car but really messed up his station wagon.

No comments: