My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fashion Ban

DSP blog prompt: On May 28 1923, the Attorney General says it is legal for women to wear trousers anywhere. Describe a certain fashion that you wished would be illegal to wear.

This was an easy one for me: The Whale’s Tail. For those of you who haven’t taught high school girls or been around some of them lately, I have seen the girls in school with this fashion and it is not pretty. The girls wear a bright colored thong (underwear) under pants that are usually low on the hips (we used to call them hip huggers years ago). Many times these pants are usually lighter color than the thongs so the thongs can be seen totally. Since the waistband is so low, the thongs stick up in the back so it looks like a “whale’s tail.” And the girls think this is sexy. I think it is about as sexy as sagging pants look sexy on guys.

Photo credit: killer whale 3 by andybvrs

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OH Pat!!! I have seen this too. Just another one I don't understand why they think this is fasionable. *shakes head*

Glynis said...

LOL You and I had the same idea, only you knew it had a name :)