My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Arizona-New Mexico-Texas 5/20/08

We left early this morning because Don woke up pretty sick and he couldn’t sleep or breathe. We didn’t know if it was the air quality or if he was coming down with something so he used his inhaler. He hates to use this because it makes him jittery and irritable. I drove for the first half of the day because he fell asleep in the car which I think helped.

We stopped in Winslow, Arizona because I wanted to see the “Standing On the Corner” park that I missed when we came through the first time. The song by the Eagles made this corner famous and I can’t believe I missed it (because I didn’t know about it until my Twitter friends told me about it).

The next stop we made was right before the New Mexico line near Lupton, AZ at a store called Cheez. Don found a bunch of old postcards he liked and I bought 2 turquoise rings set in sterling silver for under $35. I had been looking for a ring but never found one that I liked so I’m glad we stopped here.

Then we finally made it to Amarillo and I found out that it was 2 hours later than what I thought it was because I forgot about the time change. We got to the Big Texan restaurant around 9:30 and we had great prime rib. Our meal came to about $50.

No comments: