My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nevada/California 5/16/08

I am writing this as we prepare for bed in our teepee. Yes, I said teepee. We are staying in Groveland, CA outside of Yosemite National Park in a teepee. What an adventure!

We left Reno this morning and stopped at the Nevada Train Museum (I’m not sure what town that was) and then continued on to South Lake Tahoe which was beautiful scenery. Only the homes there looked very expensive. We continued on to Yosemite National Park when we passed this place and decided to book a home for the night before we went into the park. I’m glad we did because when we came back this way, everything pretty much had “no vacancy” signs up. We ate dinner at the little pizza joint across the street. I can’t believe how warm and humid it feels because I expected to be colder. It is about 80 degrees right now at 9:30pm.

We went to Yosemite and saw the waterfalls all around as the snow begins the great meltdown. This is the perfect time for seeing the waterfalls. There was some construction going on where 140 and 120 meet but the 30 minute delay gave me time to take lots of photos. It was pretty congested most of the way so I can’t imagine what it is like during the peak part of the season.
Well, it is time for me to say an Indian goodnight and go to sleep in my teepee!

No comments: