My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

DSP prompts 5/7-5/9

Wednesday's Blog Prompt: On May 7, 1660, Isaack B. Fubine of Savoy, in The Hague, patents macaroni. What is your favorite macaroni dish?

I love penne or rigatoni with a meat sauce. If I can’t have that, I would have macaroni and cheese. Unfortunately, neither of these dishes are my husband’s favorites so we don’t have either one too much.

Thursday's Blog Prompt: On May 8, 1877, the first Westminster Dog Show was held. What is your favorite kind of dog?

I grew up with German Shepherds. In fact, one of them was white and grew up with me so I guess we were like sisters. I used to always complain that she would steal the ice cream out of my cone and then smile at me when I went crying to my parents. We had a chow for 11 years and is the only dog I have ever owned since I was married over 25 years ago. He was like my little baby and loved to crawl in my lap. I hated that we had to put him to sleep after he attacked my husband. My favorite kinds of dogs are puppies. I love puppies of any kind. My husband purposely steers me away from the pet store or the pet area at the flea markets because I’m drawn to the baby animals. Of course I’m grateful that he does because I’m so allergic to many animals.

Friday's Blog prompt: May 11 is Mother’s Day. Tell about your mother or a mother figure in your life.

I never really appreciated my mother until she passed away. She made a lot of sacrifices for me that I never really understood until after she was gone. My mother was 30 years old when I was born so as I grew up I always thought she was overly strict with me. My dad got to be the good (since he was working all of the time) but my mom was the major disciplinarian (since she was home all of the time). This caused me to resent my mother a lot as I grew up and I wish I could tell her now how much I loved her and thank her for all that she did for me.

I am lucky enough to have a wonderful stepmother, Marge. My father married her about a year after my mother died but she fit right in with our family. Marge is so easy to talk to and is so much fun to be around. Of course it helps that when they got married, my sister and I were already married with children and lived far away. They have been married for about 18 years now and I am so lucky to have her in my family because she takes such good care of my father. In fact, I believe Marge saved his life when he had a stroke this past November. If she hadn’t insisted that he go to the doctor (most men are stubborn but I think my dad is more stubborn than most men), he would have either had a massive stroke with major damage or died. Ever since they’ve been married, Marge makes sure they go to the doctor regularly and take good care of themselves.

I have been blessed with two good mothers in my lifetime!

No comments: