My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

California 5/10/08

Today we left Petaluma and traveled up the coast on Hwy 1. I can’t believe how long it is taking because I expected to be in Eureka tonight, but we didn’t make it. I guess going 30 mph and stopping every 10 minutes really slowed us down.

We stopped at Schoolhouse Beach and saw tons of people but I didn’t know why they were all along the rocks of the beach. After reading a newspaper, I found out that there are only 14 days this year where there is a negative tide and people go “tidepooling.” When the tide is out, the underwater worlds are visible to people and it is so fascinating. I even got a couple of pictures of crabs and starfish under the rocks. The views have been so awesome that I have to stop and take tons of pictures. At one place we even saw a whale but I never could get a picture of it.

On our way I saw this odd shaped building so Don had to make a u-turn to check it out. We found out it is a nondenominational chapel, called The Sea Ranch Chapel, which was beautiful. It was a nice place to say a little prayer asking for our future travels to be safe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have really enjoyed seeing and reading about your travels. I need to get a laptop, :(

We'll be heading out tomorrow and not sure if we are going to be gone a week or two yet, LOL. How's that for planning.