My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Favorite Shoes and a Blackout

Tuesday’s Blog prompt: On May 20, 1310, shoes were made for both right & left feet (and we thank you)! Describe your favorite pair of shoes.

I used to always wear my Reebok tennis shoes (princess) but for the past few times, they have been falling apart soon after wearing them so now I switched to these Easy Spirit tennis shoes and I love them. Now that I’m no longer working, I wear them every day when it is cool outside or I will be doing a lot of walking. I’m glad I bought 2 pair when they were “buy 2 get 1 half price” at the time. In the summer I usually wear my Teva sandals that are probably over 10 years old. They are wearing down too and I will probably need a new pair soon.


Wednesday’s Blog prompt: On May 21, 1996, there was a blackout in many areas of Queens NY. Tell what activities you would do if we had a blackout tonight.


Since I couldn’t read or crochet, I would use my laptop until the battery gave out. Then I would probably listen to my Ipod until I fell asleep. I really hate the dark so I would make sure my husband was close by the entire time and as soon as I could, I would go to sleep and hope that morning comes soon along with the daylight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd take a hot candlelight bath with bubbles, a glass of wine or hot green tea and a good book. Probably wouldn't use the candles either as we have lights that are plugged in and only come on when the power is out. (advantage of living in a hurricane zone, LOL)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, a shoe post! This was the blog prompt for PhotoHunt this week, too. I did some bling on capri. :)