My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 5/26/08


DSP Blog prompt: Today we celebrate Memorial Day in the US. Did you have any family members who served our country in the Armed Forces. Let us know so we can remember them.

My father served in World War II and talks about being in Africa and Italy. My husband, cousin and brother in law served during the Vietnam War. All the ones listed above are still living.

My husband’s father served during WWII. My husband’s uncle served in Korean War and Vietnam War and retired from the Navy after many years. Both of them have passed away.

Photo credit: US Flag by Howdy, I’m H. Michael Karshis

No comments: