My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

DSP prompts 5/5 and 5/6

Blog prompt: May 5 is Cinco de Mayo. How would you celebrate Independence Day if it was today?

Since May is cooler than our usual July 4 celebration, I would spend the day hiking. The weather would be perfect and the flowers would be blooming. I love to see the wildflowers when I hike. Spring is my favorite season because it feels like such a renewal of life that fills me with hope and optimism about the world.

Photo credit: wildflowers by jikamajoja

Blog Prompt: May 3 was the running of the Kentucky Derby. Would you want to be a horse? Why or why not?

I think a horse’s life would be pretty simple but I think I would find it boring. I would be dependent on the person who fed me and I would have no control over my life. That would be horrible for me because I am such a control freak. I love meeting new challenges and feeling the sense of accomplishment. I am not very competitive though so I know I wouldn’t like running in the Kentucky Derby. Isn’t that awful about the filly that broke her legs and had to be put to sleep there on the track?

Photo credit: A Horse by Nick Lawes

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh man its so hot here on the 4th, thats why you gotta swim. I love the pics you have been showing Pat. Hope you are having a good time.

Unknown said...

Yep, I could have figured a hike would be in there somewhere :)

Am so glad that I didn't see what happened at the derby. I would have been so heartsick.

Sandra said...

Hmm. Don't want to be a horse, don't want to own a horse. Pretty, but way too big.

My mom is an avid hiker, too. Hiked in Hawaii, hiked in Mexico...I'm only hiking for a specific destination; like a waterfall or a geocache:)

Unknown said...

I am enjoying reading your travels around California.

I don't think I would want to be a horse.