My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Favorite Bread

Blog prompt: This week is National Bread Week. Describe your favorite bread.

I have never really been fond of bread at all. If there is mayonnaise on it, it tends to stick to the roof of my mouth when I eat a sandwich and I hate that feeling. I don’t like hard bread like hard rolls or French bread. If I get soup in a sourdough bowl, I eat the insides but not the outside. I guess if I had to choose bread I would eat yeast rolls but only if they are soft and hot. My husband has convinced me to eat wheat bread when I order toast with breakfast and I will make sandwiches at home out of wheat bread because that is all we have. If I order a hamburger from someplace that is not fast food, I usually take it off the bun and eat the meat. I used to try to order the hamburger without the bun, but they usually mess up the order. I think I’m not a bread eater because I grew up eating rice ever day and not bread unless it was to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Photo credit: easter-bread-3 by dolescum

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I never ate much bread either until we moved here. Now I eat way too much! There is just something about a loaf of fresh bread. And our bread lady knows how we like our bread - not baked too much and sort of soft on the outside. YUM! I have never had any bread like it in the US.