My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Favorite Historical Monument

Blog Prompt: On May 30, 1922, The Lincoln Memorial is dedicated today in Washington, D C, by Chief Justice William Howard Taft. What is your favorite historical monument and why?

We go to Washington DC about 3 times a year for meetings and love seeing all the monuments and Smithsonian museums but I think my favorite monument is the Korean War Memorial. The bronze figures are so lifelike and I can feel the pain, the exhaustion, and the determination when I walk through this. I like all the other monuments too but I think the figures get the message across to me better in this monument than the others. We are getting ready to go back to DC next week and I can’t wait to see what new exhibits will be there because I will have one day free before my meetings start.


Photo credit: Korean War Memorial In Washington DC by japi14

1 comment:

Tim said...

I have to say that the Korean War Memorial is one of my favorites as well. There is something about it that causes me to stop and look into the faces of the soldier statues. I guess its impact on me is tied with the Lincoln Memorial. I hope to get back to see it again on my next DEN LC Institute trip to Silver Spring, MD!