My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Space Shuttle Travel

Blog Prompt: On May 29, 1996, Space Shuttle STS 77 (Endeavour 11), lands. Would you want to take a ride on the Space Shuttle? Why or why not?

No, I would not like to go into space. I’m okay with looking at space and watching the stars but I don’t have any desire to strap my body in a vessel that goes faster than the speed of anything and could blow me up into smithereens to go somewhere I know does not have enough oxygen for me to breathe without a machine. I’m not an explorer and do not want to go where “no man has gone before.” I have no problem letting other people go and do this for many years before I would even think about doing this. I guess I’m glad planes have been flying for many years before I ever got one. If I die before I ever get to ride in one I will be okay with that.

Photo credit: Space Shuttle Discovery approaches ISS for docking [1680x1050] by Top Tech Writer. US.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I guess my biggest problem about being in space for awhile, is potty time. I just don't like the idea of how they take care of that for women. hehehe

Glynis said...

I guess I can say 'yes' so easily because I know it's never gonna happen...I'm really a bit of a chicken in real life :) LOL