My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 05, 2008

California 5/5/08

We drove around Monterey and Cannery Row this morning and then headed to San Francisco. Don doesn’t drive in heavy traffic so I ended up driving. We drove into town and tried to find hotels listed in our coupon book. I don’t know why people advertise in those green Room Saver coupon books because if you ever call, they never have one of those rooms. Don says that is like bait and switch and refuses to stay at a hotel that does that so we spent some time hunting for a place. Finally found a cute one near the Palace of Fine Arts which also houses the Exploratorium (I think).

We found a Safeway grocery store where we bought a week long bus pass for $15 each. Then we caught the #30 bus and rode it to Fisherman’s Wharf. We ate dinner at an In-n-Out burger joint which was pretty good. After walking around, it started to get late and we needed to figure out how to get a bus back to our hotel. We finally made it but I’m pooped!

No comments: