My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

California 5/6/08

Today we wandered around San Francisco. We ate at this place called The Grove and I couldn’t believe that 2 bagels with eggs and tri-tip steak, a latte, plus a can of diet coke cost over $20. Needless to say we won’t go there again. For lunch we went to the In-N-Out burger joint again at Fisherman’s Wharf which only cost $10 and our dinner at The Original Buffalo Wings cost $16. We rode the #30 bus all the way around on its entire route. Then we paid for another night at our hotel (will be written about in a separate post) and took the #28 bus to the Golden Gate Bridge.


The bridge was an awesome sight and not covered much by fog so I took a bunch of pictures. We started to walk across the bridge but Don stopped about ¼ of the way there. I continued to the part that turns out so I could get more pictures. I just couldn’t get over the view from there.

After the bridge, we headed out to the AT&T Ballpark where the Giants play baseball. We found out that they give tours at 10:30 and 12:30 on non-game days so we will probably go out there tomorrow. After that we took an “F” muni metro to the Embarcadero to look around. We went into the shops at the Port of San Francisco. Next we hit Ghiradelli Square and it sure has changed from the last time we visited this town. We are getting pretty good at riding the public transportation around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to take in the museum and planetarium while you are there? (ummm, maybe that is in sacramento... too many years have elapsed, but I really thing it is in SF)

Sandra said...

Awesome shot of The Bridge.

Egads, the prices are NOT for the faint of heart, are they???

I can't wait for the Chinatown photos that I assume must be forthcoming...that was my favorite part of SF.