My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, May 03, 2008

California 5/2/08

We arrived at the parking lot for the tour of Edwards Air Force Base early and took some photos of the aircraft parked there. Then a bus arrived around 8:30am and took us on the tour. The guide was an awesome guide with lots of knowledge and enthusiasm. I thought it was great when a desert tortoise started to cross the road and the bus came to a complete stop while they called the base fire department. Apparently the fine must be outrageous if you do anything to this animal so we stayed there until it crossed and the firemen took over. After a trip to the museum, we were dropped off at NASA for a tour and lunch. The bus picked us up around 1:15 and continued the tour of the base. We arrived back at our cars about 2:30pm.

We left there and went up to Red Rock Canyon State Park. The scenery was beautiful but it was too early for us to camp or plan on spending the night. We drove on to another town recommended by the person at the Jawbone visitor center. By this time it was getting late and we got a hotel room in Mojave and ate at Roberto’s for dinner.

We had time to find the Mojave Spaceport and take some more photos so Don was happy about finding this since he has mentioned this many times before. I think if he had a chance, he would love going into space. This is the only privately owned manned spaceflight ever to happen and this guy hopes to send up passengers into space (for a big fee!) in 2009.

No comments: