My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Meeting My Goals

Blog Prompt: Most major goals are achieved through small victories. What little things can you do to meet your goals?

I'm going to work on my goals from day to day rather than looking far into the future, which overwhelms me.

Physical Goal: I was on vacation for 2 weeks and practically ate my way through the vacation (being on a 7 day cruise with 24 hour food didn't help). I want to lose 15 lbs. by April (when I go to Kentucky for a conference). I will not weigh myself until April so I don't focus so much on the weight. Instead I want to exercise more and eat less. I will not go back for seconds (but that doesn't mean I need to pile my first plate with enough food to count as 2 platefuls). I will also walk regularly each day on the treadmill and at least 3 times a week, I plan to walk twice a day. If I can burn off more calories than I eat, I have to lose weight. I will also keep a daily log of when I walk, how long I walk, how many calories I burn. In my log, I will also note what I eat each day.

Relationship Goal: I plan to be more positive with my husband. I am to picky and critical. I am a perfectionist and want others to be one too. My hubby is very laid back and it tends to get on my nerves. It was one of the things that attracted me to him 25 years ago and I need to remember that.

Career: Since this is my last year of work, I'm going to enjoy it all. I'm going to remind myself when I get mad or aggravated or annoyed at paperwork due annually, that this will probably be the last time I will need to do that and not let it upset it me. I'm going to appreciate my colleagues and administrators more because this time next year, I will not be working with them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to remember what attracted me to my husband too. Odd that the things that were a positive back then now get on our nerves. Make me wonder what about me bothers him. :)

Anonymous said...

Got your message on my blog. Thanks so much for looking. I've got a LONG way to go to figure all this out - need my web design daughter here. I am from NC (outside of Charlotte) and love it - hope to move back some day!

Have a great day and I'llbe checking up on you too.

Anonymous said...

I really think it is some sort of cosmic joke that what attracted us to our mate to begin with drives us nut-so after years of being together!! Good luck with your goals.

mom2triplets04 said...

Cruises are the best vacations. Speaking of cruises I so need one again. Glad you had a great time. Happy New Year.

*love2scrap* said...

WELCOME BACK!! I hope you had a fantastic time! Gosh, you have self-control - not weigh yourself until April? wow!

carin.c said...

Wow, maybe I should never be allowed to step foot on a cruise ship. Good luck on losing that 15 - you can do it! Great goals!