My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Childhood Friend

Blog Prompt: Describe a favorite childhood friend and something you did with her or him.

I had a best friend in high school, Bunny, that accepted me the way I was. She didn't seem to judge me or try to change me. My family was very overprotective and strict but she was understanding the entire time in high school. Many other friends would have encouraged me to rebel but she never did. A lot of people weren't my friends because my parents had too many "rules". Bunny was always there for me and really listened to me. I truly trusted her with my feelings and never felt like she would ever betray my friendship or treat me poorly. I don't know how I would have survived my high school years without her.

I remember one occasion where seniors were allowed to leave school during lunch time if they had parental consent. I left with Bunny because no one was checking that day and we went to her house for lunch. We laughed and had a great time but when it snowed while we were inside eating lunch and we never knew it. When we walked out to the car there was snow all around and in a panic, we got on our hands and knees and dug the snow out from around the tires. Luckily she was able to get on the road and we got back to school in time.

Unfortunately, we have grown apart but still exchange Christmas cards and maybe a letter once a year. We had such a good time together in the "good ol' days!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend and companion. As I read your post I thought about all of those I lost touch with in my youth.

Paula May said...

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing about your childhood friend! :)

Michelle said...

so nice to have a friend you remember like that...totally accepting. helps make it all that much easier. TFS!