My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dining in Restaurants

Blog Prompt: have we done anything about ordering at restaurants? do you get the usual each time? do you sample food from your friend's plate? are you adventurous? and most importantly, do you save room for dessert?

We eat out so much that the wait staff has our drink ready for us when we walk in. We usually get the same thing to eat but we talk about getting something different. Then both of us usually cave in and get the same old thing. Our rational is that we know we like what we get so why change it.

I don't like to eat after anyone else, even my hubby. I don't like to eat off his plate because he seasons things so differently than I do. Yesterday we went through Sam's Club and got the free samples. He ate a bite off the london broil and wanted me to eat the rest but I wouldn't. He asked me why I wouldn't eat after him if I kiss him and I couldn't tell him why. He will always taste the food on plate. He has to try whatever I'm eating and I don't mind it at all. We usually never get dessert because we eat so much for dinner. Growing up, we never had dessert so I never offer it after dinner either.

I think I've gained weight because we eat out so much so I'm trying to cook at home as much as possible. Last week I actually cooked at home 5 nights out of 7. On nights we have late meetings, we end up going out to eat because hubby can't wait for me to cook. I try to have dinner ready about 30 min. after he comes home from work (around 5:30). But of course, there is no dessert!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We eat out a lot too and use to have several restaurants that would have our drinks ready as soon as we sat down, LOL. But those restaurants are gone now and the ones we do eat at tend to have a big turn over in staff.

Anonymous said...

Pat how can a loonyhiker like you gain weight? That means there's no hope for the rest of us.