My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

What Inspires My Art

Well, I'm still new to all of this. Until last January, I had never scrapped with paper or digitally. I'm also learning that its okay to develop my own style and I learned this from DSP. I guess I would have to say that my friends at DSP have really inspired me. I learned so much from the challenges and the kits. I joined DSP right at the time they started New Kids on the Block, which got me totally hooked. I was able to make mistakes (big ones) and no one ridiculed me or asked me why in the world I was trying to do this when it was obvious I didn't know what I was doing. I was given wonderful suggestions and encouraged to grow. You can't imagine how this ability to express myself has made an impact on my life. Now I look at different things and imagine how I could scrap them. I look at events that happen and can't wait to do a layout on them. I've never done anything artistically before this and I feel so good about myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some of the most beautiful layouts which just goes to show how artistic you really are.

*love2scrap* said...

ditto, Tink! there is something about being creative that makes us feel more complete! I'm glad you've found that side of you!