My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Getting Dressed Up

Blog Prompt: Do you like to get dressed up? Why/why not? When's the last time you had a chance to dress formally?

I liked to get dressed up formally but I don't usually have a lot of chances to do so. We just went on a cruise at Christmas and there were 2 formal nights on the ship. I usually wear the same gown because it is my favorite and it makes me look slender. This past year we also dressed up to double date for the prom with my two mentally disabled students. It was a lot of fun because they never dressed up before and we saw everything through "fresh" eyes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun and a great place to dress formally. Both the cruise and the prom.

Glynis said...

Oh that was such a great story! I love getting dressed up too and don't get the chance. Part of that is just the way our society is, I guess.