My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, January 05, 2007

Blog Prompt: Describe your sleeping style. Are you a side sleeper, snoring on your back sleeper, wake at the slightest sound sleeper, sprall across the bed and sleep through an earthquake sleeper? Spill your secrets! (Keep it family friendly, girls!)

I sleep on my back and love the covers pulled up to my neck. Even in the hot summer, I have to have some kind of cover over me. This drives my hubby crazy especially when we are camping in our tent. I have to bring a sheet to cover me or I can't go to sleep. I snore and thankfully my hubby snores so we must drown each other out. Of course people don't dare camp near us because we keep them awake all night. My hubby has to have the TV on to fall asleep so I'm used to sound but I put the timer for on for 90 min. so it will cut off. If it stays on all night, it wakes me up and I can't go back to sleep. When we are camping, I sleep with my Ipod because I'm afraid of the dark and it drowns out the other noises. The noises don't bother hubby because he pretends it is the TV. No matter what time I fall asleep, I'm awake around 5am even on holidays and summers. So when we are camping, I'm usually sitting outside the tent with a flashlight reading and waiting for the sun to come up.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I totally hear you on the cover thing. No matter how hot it is, I need something on me too. That must be so peaceful to wake up early when you are camping, I bet you have seen some pretty sunrises. That alone, makes me want to go camping.

Denise said...

Yup, security blanket is always a must. I'm not afraid of the dark, I love night hiking while camping... but that is another blog post. You should take pics of your sunrises!

Joy said...

Hooray for a sister snorer, camper and digiscrapper!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your internal body clock to wake at 5am every morning!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I must have blankets as well,even if it is warm, which means I keep waking up from the warmth but if I don't have the blanket I keep waking up looking for it. :)

Glynis said...

Pat, every day I'm convinced you and are twins separated at birth! I too HAVE to have the covers up to my neck, sleeping on my back. And I thought I was the only one! :)

Sandra said...

Hurrah for the blanket doubling as a protective force field! I can't sleep without everything tucked under the covers...

I snore, he snores, the dogs snore...it's all good:)

Fun post.

dapupsmom said...

I understand the blanket/cover thing completely. Can't understand it, just need to have it! lol