My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Arrival Times

Blog Prompt: Do you usually arrive on time or late?Do you get annoyed when other people arrive late or you really don’t care?

I am usually early for everything! I don't have to be at work until 8:15 because my first class begins at 8:30 but I'm usually at work by 7:15. I hate to be rushed and I hate traffic. If there is a meeting I'm usually the first one there and I try to help the presenter pass out materials. (I guess I'm just a "butt kisser"!)

I get annoyed when people are more than 10 min. late without calling me. I think this stems from when I was a teenager and I had to depend on other friends to take me places. My father went to work in the afternoon and didn't come home until 2am and my mom didn't drive. People would promise to pick me up and then never show up because they forgot. I get pretty paranoid about that now so I usually drive myself and meet people there. Of course I'm always early and spend the time worrying about whether or not they will show up.

What really bothers me is when I am on a group tour and people are late. Since I paid my money, they are using up MY time that I have paid for. We were on a tour in China and this couple was usually 30-40 min. late every morning and whenever we had to meet again later in the day. This caused a lot of hard feelings which was bad since it was a 30 day tour. Before we do another one we want to have the group agree that anyone more than 10 min. late will be left behind (including me if I'm the one late). That is the only fair thing to do for everyone.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the same way. And yes I think if it is a group tour that there should be something in the contract about being late. I realize they paid money too, but they should not make other people waste theirs by being rude. And I better shut up before I get on that soapbox with you :)

Toni said...

I am definitely an on-timer too. I am surprised a group tour waited repeatedly without addressing the issue, being late in the morning once you could understand if someone messed up their alarm with the time zone changes but more than once is just rude. Many tours have a 10 minute rule, they try to contact you if at the hotel etc but will not wait longer, you have to find a way to catch them up otherwise it put the whole days timeline.

Anonymous said...

I value punctuality too Pat. And i think it's only common (or maybe not-so-common) courtesy to ring people when you are going to be late.

Lori said...

Did you copy my post! LOL! You sound just like me!

Tiffani said...

I would have been beyond upset with that couple and probably addressed it with them if the tour guide did not.

mom2triplets04 said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who arrives early places and also worry if people will show up or not. You should see me prancing around the house when I have a doctors appointment and am waiting for my mom to come by to watch the kids. If only I could just lie and tell her a different time! I just can't lie.

carin.c said...

Wow - 20-40 minutes late on a regular basis is completely selfish and unacceptable. Totally not fair to the rest of the group.

Glynis said...

Hey, if we ever did meet, we'd have to rush to be the first one there ! LOL Oh boy, would I have been MAD if I'd been on that tour--how amazingly rude!