My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Before My Life is Over...

Blog Prompt: What do you sense you're supposed to do before your life is over?

I think the reason I was put on this earth is to make a difference, maybe not a huge major cataclysmic change all at once, but more like little ripples that can affect life even after I'm gone. I really believe that is why God chose me to be a teacher and the reason I love teaching so much. I feel that in some small way I am showing kids that there are choices in life and what decisions they make affect everyone else in some way or another. All of our lifes are interconnected whether we know it or not. Just by reading the blogs of my dsp friends, they are affecting my opinions, thoughts, and outlook on life, even though they may never realize it. I may not even realize it at the time but I notice that other peoples comments creep into conversations that I have. I hope that my teachings will influence my students even though they may not realize it at the time. That is why I try to be good at what I do because God doesn't choose carelessly. This is a big responsibility and I try to take it very seriously. Now that I'm retiring, I wonder what God has planned for me next.

5 comments:

carin.c said...

Now I am thinking that "you" hit the nail right on the head. I was just thinking how those people that thought they weren't doing much may be affecting many people's lives in a positive way without them even knowing it. I wish they all could know it (myself included). I love your attitude and it affects me positively, and I thought you should "know it" :)

Sandra said...

The "ripple" effect theory makes our actions and intentions take on whole new dimensions, doesn't it?

Sounds like you've spent a lifetime of service to God and mankind.

Your retirement will probably keep you just as busy!

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Paula May said...

What a wonderful post. I am a teacher as well, although for me I am just starting on my career, right now I am a substitute teacher but I hope to have my own classroom in the future. I think its wonderful that God chose you to be a teacher! Thanks for sharing!

Glynis said...

Pat, you have definitely influenced me...your stories have crept into my conversations as well. I can see that you've done a wonderful job with your teaching and I'm so excited to know what God is going to have you do in the next chapter.

Unknown said...

Pat i love reading your blog. you just seem like such a good person at heart. your so committed when you speak of the kids you teach and i love that you never claim to be perfect. i hope that i can be more like you. just being caring about those around me and always striving to do my best to help them. I know im not the only one inspired by you so know that you have definately made some "little ripples"