My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Can't Believe It!

Blog Prompt: I enjoy ______ now, but if anyone had told me that years ago, I would never have believed them.

The answer would be hiking. I didn't start to hike until about 15 years ago. When I was growing up I was never allowed to get dirty. My parents believed I needed to be a little lady. My family was never into any kind of exercise or outdoor activities so I never knew anything about hiking. The only people who hiked or backpacked were boy scouts that I had read about. After my hair all fell out, I started really getting into exercise and read about a hike in the local newspaper. Since my hubby always spoils me and gives me what I want, he went along with me on the hike and I've been hooked ever since.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is something I need to get hooked on as well!! I do love it when I can find the time!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Hiking - that reminds me, I couldn't believe that I started distance walking - won't say that I totally enjoyed it, but I love what it did for me, and I loved the feeling of accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

my hubby loves to hike...and bike ride...i've been an outdoorsy person but never done much hiking...I think i'm gonna have to give it a shot :):)

Anonymous said...

Now this is something that would be unbelievable for me. I do not like outdoor activities, I do not like strenous exercise, I do not like BUGS so I could never do this.

Glynis said...

That's a fantastic thing to be 'addicted' too...wish I could get my butt off the couch. I live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and really should get out and enjoy it. Have a great vacation, my friend! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

I think it is great and what a wonderful hubby to indulge you so. I bet he enjoys it just as much.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try hiking but I'm too paranoid to go alone. Maybe one day I will actually do it. Been making progress on my "to-do" list. Spring will be here soon enough. :)