My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

What I Learned This Summer

Blog Prompt: What did you get out of summer this year? Did you learn anything? Do anything new?

I spent a lot of quality time with my friends. The people I hike with are all ages and I'm one of the youngest. The oldest is near 90. All of these people value life so much and I enjoy listening to their wisdom and experiences. I feel like they have a handle on what is meaningful because they have learned the hard way. One of my friends, who is in her 80s, just lost her husband and I am seeing all that she is having to go through. A couple of others have cancer but still meeting life head on. I'm seeing that I'm moving closer to accepting retirement because there is so much to do and not enough time to do all that I want to do. I want to take life by the horns like they are and experience life, not just watch it from the sidelines!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A perfect summer lesson.