My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ron Clark

Blog Prompt: Has there been anyone that you've encountered in your life (however briefly), that you wish you had gotten to know better?

At one of Council for Exceptional Children conferences, I was able to hear Ron Clark speak. He was Disney's American Teacher of the Year in 2000 and was even honored by President Clinton at the White House on 3 separate occasions. He wrote a book called The Essential 55 (a NY Times best seller) which is a wonderful book for teachers to read. I use a lot of his ideas in my class and was truly motivated by him. His energy and love for teaching really came out during his speech. He was constantly moving around the stage and was full of life. What a great role model to have as a teacher. I would have liked to have a small group gathering to talk to him some more about his ideas. He was very inspiring!

4 comments:

debra said...

Your passion as a teacher is inspiring! In my opinion, not that you asked for it..lol! -if we treated our teachers with the respect and recognitions (and salaries) of our doctors and scientists, our country would provide the "care and concern" for our children's education they so hypocritically boast about. My hats off to you for doing what you do with what little resources you are given.

heather said...

Sounds like a book I need to get! Thanks Pat.

Unknown said...

Wow. I can see why you would like to get to know him better.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

He sounds like a very interesting person to get to know