My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Zarf

Through some research, I looked up zarf in the Urban Dictionary and this is what was given:

Zarf: those little cardboard thingies they put around your cup of coffee at starbucks. They call it a cup-sleeve, but it actually is called a zarf.

I guess the zarf has evolved over the ages to this. What is the world coming to?!

sentence: The zarf keeps me from burning my hand on my coffee cup.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How neat. Back in the 60's it was those plastic things that held the trianglar paper cups. Glad you enjoyed it. Although I have such a list of words going now, I may have to change it to a word a day, LOL.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I had no idea they were called a zarf

Gabby Faye said...

I was going to blog that those little cardboard things SHOULD be called zarfs. I didn't know they WERE.