My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Healing

Blog Prompt: Use the word "healing" however you want/need. What do you do to find it? Who helps you with it? Are there activities that you do to work towards healing or to heal yourself emotionally?

This was a perfect prompt for me today. Today I went with the Turtles (my hiking group) to Saluda, NC for a tubing trip down the Green River. Our 2 hour trip took about 3 hours and it was absolutely wonderful. As I drifted down the river, the sun was beaming on me and I felt so much at peace. This week has been a stressful one because I'm thinking about going back to school next week and the possibility of winning the District Teacher of the Year award. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about maybe having to give a speech and also not being totally prepared for the first day of students. As I floated down the river, I felt God healing me from this worry and anxiety. I kept hearing a voice in my head repeating that if God is for me, who could be against me?! Getting out in nature seems to always put my problems in perspective for me. I look around me at the miracles of nature and my problems seem so small and insignificant. When I return home, I'm able to work through my problems and usually I worried for no reason. I try to always make time to get outside at least once a week.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

You quoted a favorite scripture of mine--it definitely helps the healing, reminding ourselves of that, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

A wonderful way to relief the stresses of daily life.

Bonnie said...

Sounds blissful!