My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trading Places

Blog Prompt: If you could trade places with someone, who would it be and why?

If I could trade places with someone, I would want to trade with my husband but only for one day and it needs to be on a Monday. I would love for him to see how hard I work all day. He is always telling me that I should quit teaching and get a "real" job. I get up at 4:45AM, walk on the treadmill, get ready for work, fix our breakfast and wash dishes before I leave for work. I am head of the department so I have hardly any time all day to take a breath! They still have not hired me an assistant even though I see 60 self contained special ed students each day (but they are working on it they say!). After school, I rush home to start dinner (if I don't have to stop at the grocery store on the way home). After dinner, I wash the dishes and take the garbage cans down to the street. He hates to do this! Then we walk 4 miles at a local park. On Mondays, I also try to fold the 3 loads of wash that I've usually let stack up since I hate folding clothes. He would live out of the laundry basket and be happy. By 9pm, I'm pooped!

My hubby on the other hand, gets up about 6:30, gets in the hot tub, visits with a friend before he gets to work at 8:30 (he is a judge). He has 8 people who work for him so he just has to sign papers and talk to lots of people. He gets to leave for lunch. He can come and go as he pleases since he is the boss. He comes home, eats dinner, goes walking with me, and then plops in front of the big screen TV and complains about how hard he has worked all day!

Yup, I want to trade places with him for just one day!

1 comment:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That sounds like a good idea to me!