My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Husbands are Wonderful!

Thought I would update on my weekend.

Due to a stressful week, my hubby decided to do something special for me today. This week was my first week back at work (school) and they still have not hired me an assistant yet. This means I'm doing 2 people's jobs until then. I also had the Teacher of the Year breakfast on Tuesday morning which was pretty nerve wrecking. I did not win the District Teacher of the Year but I'm quite proud that I was a Top 10 finalist out of about 5000 teachers in the district. I'm also kind of relieved too because it means that I will probably retire at the end of this year (instead of a continuing 2 year commitment if I won) AND I did not have to give any speech! I was on the news as a finalist though and in the paper the next day so of course a lot of people called and stopped me to say they wished I won (and this was stressful for me). Thursday and Friday was the first day with students and I had an irate parent at 3pm on Friday. I really needed this weekend.

Today my hubby surprised me with 2 tickets to the Flat Rock Playhouse in NC to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. I saw the movie when I was in high school! It is a wonderful musical and my hubby hates musicals but he suffered through it for me! We had to drive 90 minutes there and came back in a terrible thunderstorm but it was so worthwhile! I'm still singing the songs! I hope everyone had as great weekend as I did.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, how special -- give him an extra hug. Sounds like a marvelous treat and well deserved. Big congratulations on the teacher-of-the-year nomination, what an achievement.

Pam

ArtcTrish said...

Congrats on being a finalist!!!!WoW!!And on gettin gyour dh to take you to see TMM!!! How wonderful!

Glynis said...

What a week you've had...your hubby is awesome!! Congratualations on the teacher of the year, and even if you didn't win, I'm glad it's all working out for the best!!

heather said...

Your hubby is such a treasure!! Congrats on your wonderful achievement, you must be quite relieved it's all over and it's great you can retire in one year instead of 2!! Glad you survived your first week back... hope admin sorted out that nasty parent for you, who needs that on top of all the other work you do?!!!!? :)

Unknown said...

congrats on making the finals. im glad you had a great weekend, you deserve it after your stressful week. And as you've told me in the past, dont let the stress get to you. :)

Unknown said...

He is such a dear. Maybe even worth the loss of a few brain cells, lol.