My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Favorite Clothing

Blog Prompt: Do you have a favorite item of clothing? Why do you like it?How about the rest of your family? If we showed up on your doorstep, what would everyone likely be wearing?

My favorite piece of clothing is this denim shirt that I wear as a sweater. I bought it in 1996 at the Appalachian Trail Conference at Radford Univ. in Virginia. I even have that embroidered on the pocket and it has a beautiful flower on it too. It has been washed enough to wear it is nice and soft and hangs just right. Unfortunately the pocket is frayed along with the cuffs on the sleeves and the collar is worn so it is barely hanging on in the back. Hubby is kind of embarrassed when I wear it so now I can only wear it around the house or if we are camping. He just bought me a new one that has the Blue Ridge Parkway embroidered on it but it is too new, too stiff, and just doesn't hang right...yet.

Now hubby likes to sit around at home either in his underwear or with nothing on. But for work he wears a white shirt and suit and tie. He has several suits all the same style and color so it looks like he wears the same suit every day. We just hope they never stop making that suit until after he retires. If we go out after work he loves his khaki nonwrinkle shorts and a black golf shirt. He has dozens of black collared shirts and several khaki nonwrinkle shorts. They almost look like a uniform for the Dollar Store (in fact we went in there one day and a lady asked him for help!).

3 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I have a favorite denim shirt too.

A friend of mine hiked the Trail in 95 and 98.

Unknown said...

Whooo hooo, your hubby too. He and Pan would really get along. Seems they like the same style in clothes and no clothes, hehehehe.

heather said...

I can understand you hubby's home attire after having to wear suits all day! I have a summer strappy summer dress thing that I wear around the house, to bed etc. in summer that my dh teases me about now I've had it so long..