My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, August 07, 2006

First meeting with the in-laws

Blog Prompt: How did you first meet your in-laws? Impressions?

Hubby and I had been on about 4 or 5 dates when I finally met his parents. We had gone to the airshow at the local municipal airport where they had face painting artists. I had my whole face painted like a clown and I looked really cute (or so I thought at the time!). After the show we headed back towards my apartment when I was told that we would make one stop first. We stop at this house and go inside where hubby introduces me to his parents. There I stood, all sweaty, dirty, and looking like a clown. I was SO embarrassed! I don't remember what was said or what I did but I don't think I talked to him all the way to my apartment or for at least a week after that! He couldn't see that he did anything wrong and to this day, still denies that he did anything wrong! Luckily his parents loved me. For the 4 years we dated, they promised me all sorts of things if I would marry their son. Even during the first year we were married, if we had an argument, I would run to his parents and they always sided with me. Hubby complained about it and told me that I needed to run to my own parents but I didn't. I was so lucky to have wonderful in-laws! Both of them are no longer living but I still miss them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great Pat. My folks always sided with Pan and his with me, when we would have a spat.

Glynis said...

Great story, Pat! I wish you had a picture to go along with it...but either way this would make a fabulous layout!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Too funny! I would have killed DH if he did that to me. :)

heather said...

LOL What a great story Pat!

Bonnie said...

What a cute story!