My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Fantasy Camp

Blog Prompt: From racecar driving to rock stars, Dodgers camp to tossing a football with Joe Montana or playing in the Super Bowl, fantasy camps for adults make dreams come true. If you could design your own fantasy camp, what would it be like?

I would love to attend a weeklong hiking camp that is close to my home! Of course to complete the fantasy, it would have to be free or hubby wouldn't go! (He's a very frugal man!). There would be classes that specialized in all of my favorite topics. Hikes offered would be a wildflower hike, edible plants hike, tracking animals hike, identifying trees hike, scenic view hikes, waterfall hikes. Hikes would not be longer than 7 miles. There would be classes on the above topics and others on hiking techniques, hiking gear, swapping hiking stories, hiking photography, hiking scrapbooks, orienteering, using a gps, and survival techniques. The Appalachian Trail Conservancy has a conference like this every 2 years but it costs money, too far away, and many hikes are pretty hard. Most people like hard hikes and I'm more interested in the topics.

5 comments:

heather said...

Sounds like a great camp Pat!! You would have to take lots of notes!!

Tiffani said...

sounds great...for someone who likes outside which is NOT me!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh pat i had no idea there were so many elements to hiking! Here i was thinking that you just liked going for walks! lol

Karen said...

Sounds like a hikers' paradise Pat.

Unknown said...

Actually the high school I attended (many, many years ago) had a six week course on this. As a senior we had recreation instead of p.e. and one of the things we had to learn was hiking, edible plants and biking. It was quite interesting and something I would consider again, if, like you said, it was free.