My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Self Indulgence

Blog Prompt: In what way do you indulge yourself?In what way do you wish you could indulge yourself?

The biggest way that I indulge myself is by having a cleaning service come in every other week to clean my house. This allows me to have time to play on the computer and go hiking when I want. I used to feel guilty about a dirty house when I was doing things that I wanted to do until an elderly hiking friend told me that I could clean my house when I get too old to do anything else (she died of cancer in her 80s). She told me life was too short to sweat the small stuff and if I could afford it, get a cleaning service and stop feeling guilty. My mother and sister were horrified that I was too "lazy" to clean my own house but I have had the same service for the past 10 years and I'm not sorry one bit! I really look forward to them coming because my house feels so good when I come home from work on those days. My hubby doesn't mind because it makes me happy and you know the old saying, "If mama's happy, everybody's happy!"

6 comments:

debra said...

Amen sister! I have the same service, every other week which works for all those "real cleaning chores" and I love the way it free's up my time for other indulgences :)

Glynis said...

I think that is the ULTIMATE indulgence!

heather said...

What a timesaver! There are definitely more interesting things to do in life and you work hard and should enjoy whatever indulgence you can get :) And that's a good one!

Unknown said...

im all for cleaning services! if i could afford one i definately would get one. Housework is so dull! and i always feel guilty if i dont do it - one day!

Bonnie said...

Good for you not feeling guilty-why should you? I used to have a domestic helper once a week but she broke so many things, and I could never find anything, eventually I said enough and since have done it myself. At least I know it is done the way i like and i can find everything!

Unknown said...

I need to do that, but need to clean my house first.