My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

10 Attainable Goals

I decided to write about 10 for me because I wouldn't even try to get hubby to do anything. Sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks! (especially if they don't want to!).

1. I will get better at digiscrapping by not being afraid to learn new techniques.
2. I will organize my bills and paperwork in the file box on a monthly basis instead of waiting 6 months later and the pile keeps falling over on to the floor.
3. I will learn to delegate more tasks to colleagues so I'm not so stressed out. Each time I do that I'm amazed that they are really glad that I've trusted them to do stuff.
4. I will exercise on a regular basis in order to relieve stress.
5. I will weed my flower beds regularly so that in the spring I'm not looking for the area that used to be my flowerbed.
6. I will keep in touch with "old" friends monthly instead of waiting for a year to pass by which makes it harder to call them because I feel so guilty.
7. I will be a better friend to all of my friends by really listening to them instead of thinking about what I'm going to say (I'm really bad about this!).
8. I will not let little things bug me and look at the big picture of what I want to accomplish instead.
9. I will look for one thing good about all of my students, even the ones that drive me crazy!
10. I will tell people I really care about that I really care about them and appreciate them in my life. (This is hard for me because I'm really not a touchy-feely person).

5 comments:

Gabby Faye said...

Absolutely wonderful goals. I wish you the best of luck with them.

Meg said...

Oh, I love your goals, but some of them would be soooo hard for me! Good luck to you, I hope you can do them all!

Bonnie said...

Pat...I think I have the same problem sometimes as you with number 7-sometimes I am so busy thinking about a good response I don't really listen. I need to work on that too!

Unknown said...

Great list Pat. One that we should all strive to attain.

Tiffani said...

I am copying your list to put in my goal journal. This is a wonderful list of things EVERYONE should aspire to.