My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Random Acts of Kindness

Blog Prompt: If you were able to, what 3 random acts of kindness would you do where no one would know that you did it?

1) I would like to go to an elderly person's home where the person is having some physical challenges and weed their flower beds and maybe plant some flowers.
2) I would like to know about a struggling college student who is strapped financially and pay some money towards their tuition. (I was once a struggling college student!)
3) I would like to go to the hospital where people are in comas and read aloud to them each day.

I came up with this question because I really want my students to think of this also. I want them to start learning to be good citizens and think of other people, not just to get recognition but because it is the right thing to do. If I can get them to think of these things, maybe someone will actually do something which is like a ripple in a pond and maybe make a difference in our world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your kind acts. While it was not anonymous, during the vietnam conflict I use to go up to the Navy hospital and either write letters for or sing to the guys there being sent back home. I will forever treasure that time. Thanks for reminding me.

Glynis said...

I think just WANTING to do those things makes the world better--thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Its so great that your trying to get your students to think about these things Pat. Im sure you'll get through to at least one of them and thats how we can make a difference! one person at a time!