My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 31, 2008

On the Road to Boston

We left Long Island at 8:30 and headed to the outlet malls in Connecticut. There were hardly any cars on the road so we got there in under 2 ½ hours. Even though the speed limit was 55, the other cars were flying past me and I felt like I was standing still. Then we found some antique stores along the way and stopped there. Don found postcards and “stuff” to buy so he was happy. We arrived at our hotel (Sheraton) around 4pm. Then we walked around the hotel trying to get our bearings. There is a walk way to shops and restaurants which is pretty cool. We finally found the food court (and Ben and Jerry’s) just as it closed. PF Changs had an hour wait so we moved on. We ended up eating at a place called Whiskey’s Steakhouse and Saloon and my food was pretty good. I had Bourbon St. Pasta which was so spicy my mouth is still burning but it was really tasty and good.

photo credit: Driving into the New Year by Ben McLeod

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will have to let me know if you go through Ware. My little sister was born there. Even though we lived in a brownstone in Boston at the time. :)

Beachcomber said...

Sounds like you are doing a lot of traveling and seeing the sites. So where is the next stop on your journey?