My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Snail Mail or Email?

Blog Prompt: snail mail or email?

Most definitely email. Ever since I learned to write letters, I have despised preparing envelopes. I could write letters all day long, but they would sit because I wouldn't make the envelope. I have no idea why I hate envelopes but I do. Then the other matter is the price of postage and I hear it will be increasing again soon. I do not think it is worth the money to mail a piece of paper like that. This past year I did not send any Christmas cards and it saved me abotu $50 in postage. I have told my family that they will now get birthday postcards (which I can make on my computer) instead of cards. One December, I sent my parents a Christmas card and they never got it but never said anything to me. In Februaray I got the card back saying "no such address." I called my step mom and told her that and she said that she had been living there for over 30 years and hadn't moved! I took the card to the bank and explained to them that there was a mistake and they told me that I could resend it but I would have to pay new postage! Needless to say, they got it the next time I visited them and could hand it to them in person.

I love email because I don't have to fill out an envelope, and I can write and answer when it is convenient to me. I can also use my computer which means if I make a mistake, I can always fix it easily. If it is a business email, it can save and refer to it easily. It also save room when filing and saves trees too.
Photo Credit: KidNews/WeeklyEmailNewsletterForm by Ada Community Library

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Yep, email is definitely a good thing!

Unknown said...

I don't know where I would be these days without my email. Like you I hated filling out envelopes and yes, the price of mailing anything these days is ridiculous. And I have a BIL who works for the post office.

ArtcTrish said...

I sent a letter to a boyfriend once and he didn't get it for 3 months...AFTER we broke up! Needless to say, I'm with ya on the e-mail!

Sandra said...

Oh, for me the envelope's the best part of the letter:) My 92 year old grandmother didn't get the Christmas card I sent her, as it is sitting in my bedroom junk drawer with NO SUCH ADDRESS stamped in red on the front. *sigh*
Thanks for commenting on my blog, Pat. The animals did fine in the storm, although the poor goats were shoulder-deep in snow when they ventured out of their lean-to. It's all melting away now, leaving puddles of slush everywhere.
p.s. I looked at your awesome crochet finishes on flickr!