My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

New York City 3/25-26/08

Tuesday: We got on the LIRR at 4:30am to head in the city with Deanna and Mike. When we got to Penn Station we immediately hit the Dunkin Donuts place so we could have enough energy to roam around. We got on the subway and went to Times Square to look around. It is so exciting to see the crowds of people, all the tall buildings, and lights and billboards. We also went to the World Trade Center site because we go every time we are here to see what new stuff they have done. Every time we see it, it looks different. We walked around Wall Street and that area. Then we took the subway to Canal St. and walked to Chinatown. Around 4:30pm we headed back to Long Island. It was a fun day but boy, did my feet hurt.

Wednesday: We went into the city around 8:30am. Then we went to Times Square to walk around again. We stopped for lunch at Juniors which was jam packed. I even got a chocolate egg cream and it was so good. I wonder why they call it that when there isn’t any egg in it. I don’t care though, because it was just like I remembered it. We saw Radio City Music Hall and Rockefeller Center. At 2pm, we went to the Westside Theater (49th St. and 9th Ave.) to see an off-Broadway musical called “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change!” We both enjoyed it. When we left we caught the LIRR back to Long Island around 5:30.

3 comments:

ArtcTrish said...

Keep it coming! I am living vicariously through you!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. It has been years since I've been to NYC. Have a great time while you are there.

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, am I jealous. You just very casually experienced a dream of mine! To spend a whole day in NYC, eating, seeing, theatre-going.... I'm drooling. Can I come next time?