My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, March 21, 2008

My Dream House

Blog prompt: Dream House (blueprints and journaling about the house we’d love)

My house right now is pretty close to the dream house I would like with a few minor adjustments. I would have my side porch (see porch photo) screened in so we could sit in our rocking chairs and hubby wouldn't be eaten by mosquitos. Then I'd add a wrap around porch on the corner to hook it up the side porch with my back deck. I would also like rounded flower beds in my back yard (see yard photo) with garden paths that wander through the flower beds. All around would be bird houses, bird baths, and bird feeders too. I would have little cameras positioned so they focused on the bird houses, baths, and feeders so I could watch the birds on my computer and not scare them away. I would also have a huge greenhouse for my tropical plants and houseplants in the winter plus a place for me to grow seedlings. I would add a two story garage also where the upstairs would be a fully functional apartment so my hubby could play with his trains up there, and have a bathroom and kitchen if he needed it while he was there playing. When we got old, we could hire a housekeeper or college student to live there and take care of us and the house. I would have to win the lottery though if I wanted to make this dream house come true!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

*jumps up and down* I wanna come and look at the gardens and sip tea in your screened in porch when its done Pat!! I love those ideas.

Glynis said...

I am soooo jealous of your porch! Ask my husband and he knows that about the only thing I really want in my 'dream house'. That porch is wonderful!!!

Beachcomber said...

Can I come sit on your screened porch, too??? I like your idea about the cameras so you can watch the birds without scaring them away. Great ideas. Sounds like a dream house to me.

Unknown said...

I'm coming too. And I bet I get there before anyone else, LOL. Love your ideas and love your yard and porch.

Anonymous said...

Your porch as-is looks gorgeous to me ! Have a great vacation and I look forward to reading about it here.....

Unknown said...

Happy Easter. You have been tagged with a passion quilt meme. I hope you will take time to do it. I think you will enjoy it. Instructions can be found here:

http://tinkstribulations.blogspot.com/2008/03/passion-quilt.html