My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Once Upon a Time

Blog prompt: Once Upon a Time (page about childhood toys)

I remember playing with my leggos and my Barbie dolls. During different phases of my childhood "careers" I think these 2 toys were my constants. When I watched the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth, I was going to be an explorer and leggos were turned into exploring tools and my Barbies were my fellow explorers. When I became a teacher, my leggos because classroom equipment and the Barbies were my students. When I became an inventor, the leggos became new inventions and the Barbies were my guinea pigs. When I saw the movie To Kill a Mockingbird, I became a lawyer and the leggos were my courtroom and the Barbies were the jury. Both of those toys just stand out in my memory because I think they withstood the test of time, where others were "here today and gone tomorrow."


Photo credit: Microcity by tempo

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love those movies you talked about and I use to make my Barbies act out the parts too.

Unknown said...

I wonder how we would have gotten along without our Barbie dolls. They were a mainstay for my sister and I as well. We would spend hours playing with them.