My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Trip to NY Sunday 3/23/08

We left home at 6:30am with the plan to end up in Lancaster, PA. On Monday morning we would go to some Amish stores, places and then end up at the outlet malls. When we arrived, we found out that the restaurant that we like to go to (Good and Plenty) was closed on Sundays. Then we decided that we would go to the restaurant Plain and Fancy but they wanted $20 per person for dinner and we weren't that hungry. So, we decided to look for a hotel and after stopping at a couple, we found out that much would be open in the area because it was still off-season and some places would be closed for Easter holiday. So, we decided to head toward Philadelphia. As we got closer to Philly, we thought about Monday morning traffic and the fact that we have been to Philly before and wanted to go somewhere different. Luckily my hubby remembered seeing on the internet or the travel channel that the Yeungling Brewery was somewhere in Pennsylvania. Since I now have Verizon broadband, I was able to look it up in the car and found out that it is is Pottsville, PA and gives free tours. So, we whipped the car around and headed to Pottsville. We found a cheap motel in Shartlesville which only cost $45 per night. Of course you get what you pay for. Luckily it was clean so I was happy. We decided no more motels for under $79! I had fun all day in the car on the computer because I was able to use twitter and keep in touch with my friends, keep my sister updated every time we crossed over a state line, and read blogs and emails. It was a wonderfully productive day, even if I was in the car!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It has been ages since I have been to Pennsylvania. Wonder if I could Pan into it sometime soon, LOL. Hope you are having a good trip. :)