My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Books

Blog prompt: Books (crammed bookshelves and favorite authors)

I am trying to keep a record of what I read and what I plan to read on Shelfari. I like Shelfari because when I decide to look for a book to read at the library, I can go right to this website if I'm at the library to look up a title and author. I go through phases when I read books. I grew up on harlequin romances (my mom read them) so of course they are entertaining to me. I like Nora Roberts books and Debbie MacComber lately. Of course when I need a break I like mysteries like the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I also like James Patterson's Alex Cross mysteries. In between all the fiction, I am in the process of reading The World is Flat by Tom Friedman which is phenomenal. This book analyzes the progress of globalization with an emphasis on the early 21st century and I didn't think I would like it (thought it would be dry) but I find it very interesting. There are so many books at there that I want to read but a lot depends on the mood I'm in.

Photo credit: Books, I have them by Saturnine

3 comments:

Glynis said...

I'm with you about reading what 'feels' good at the moment. You always have great recommendations, thanks!

Tammy said...

Oh I will pass on Shelfari to my aunt. She reads alot like you. I love Nora Roberts. Good romance novels.

Unknown said...

Can't say that I have ever been a romance novel reader though I have read most of Georgette Heyer's and Taylor Caldwell's books when I was younger. And I have to agree with Glynis, you always to recommend some really great books.