My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Long Island 03/28-28/08

We drove out to Montauk Point along Sunrise Hwy. It is amazing how different this is from the city. There were lots of wooded areas and state parks. At the end was a lighthouse but since it started to rain, we didn’t stay there long. We went back into town and had lunch. We drove back along Montauk Hwy and stopped in little towns along the way. The houses in Southhampton Beach were enormous and looked very expensive. Don said that I could get one of them only if I won the lottery (drool!) but of course I will need a live in personal assistant to help me. We also stopped in an antique store in one town and Don found lots of postcards to buy so he was happy! We got back in time for pizza and watching the NCAA tournament on TV.

On Saturday, Deanna and I brought back bagels and knishes for breakfast. We just spent the morning visiting and catching up on all the stuff that has been happening. The kids played basketball outside and didn't seem to feel as cold as I was feeling, but I guess they are used to it. After lunch (more pizza!), Mike gave us a tour of Oakdale and Sayville. Then we got back in time to eat more junk food before going out to dinner. Fourteen of us met at the Fortune Wheel for a huge Chinese dinner. Some of the dishes we had were Peking Pork Chops, lo mein, shrimp fried rice, crispy chicken, braised chicken, a Chinese vegetable that is like young broccoli, salad of seaweed and kale, and steak. No one left hungry.

Then we came back to Deanna’s house so we could pack up and get ready to leave for Boston in the morning. Everyone came back for dessert and we had a great time visiting and taking lots of pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are having a grand trip. Love all the pictures.