My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, February 01, 2008

My "Groundhog Day"

Blog Prompt: Feb. 2 is Groundhog Day. Do you remember that Bill Murray movie where he wakes up to the same day over and over? If it was you, describe the day you would want to repeat over and over.

I know many of you would expect me to tell about a hiking day but I'm going to surprise you and try to imagine the perfect day without hiking.

Imagine a beautiful spring day as I tell you the day I wouldn't mind repeating over and over again. First I would wake up with the sun just beginning to rise and it would be warm enough to sit on my back deck with a cup of hot tea. After that, I would do some gardening while it was still cool but not cold outside. There wouldn't be a lot of weeds and it would be more maintenance gardening than hard gardening. I would walk around my yard and have meaningful conversation with my flowers. My hubby would wake up and we would go out for breakfast. When we returned he would have projects to keep him busy so I could do what I liked. I would do a little crocheting because my housework was finished the day before. We would go out to lunch, do any necessary errands and return home to work on our own projects. It would be too hot to work anymore outside so I would spend this time creating some scrapbook pages, reading blogs, and playing on my computer. By this time I would cook a fabulous dinner which my hubby would declare was the best I had ever cooked (I'm not a good cook so this in itself would be a miracle!) and then he would offer to wash the dishes. After dinner we would enjoy some time in our hot tub and talk about our day. I would then sit outside on the deck again either reading or playing on my computer enjoying the beautiful sunset. My hubby and I would then watch a couple of wonderful movies together while eating popcorn. By this time it is bedtime and I would fall asleep with wonderful thoughts in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad you picked a Groundhog Day moment. What a great topic!

Your spring day sounds wonderful!

Momma Byrd said...

Great topic. I'd love to take your day. Housework done. Doing nothing except fun things. Sounds perfect to me and definately worth repeating at least every day.